Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Zucchini muffins

A friend brought over some zucchini bread on Sunday that was so delicious my daughter and I consumed it all in about two hours. I felt a little bad that Jake couldn't enjoy any (but not too bad--more for me!). Luckily, our garden has just begun producing zucchini, though not yet at the rate of yellow squash (I'm sure it'll catch up soon). I used a couple zucchini to make a double batch of some gluten-free muffins. I didn't have any sorghum flour, so I just used soy flour.
Can I just say, YUM! These are the best zucchini muffins I've ever had, with or without gluten. The batter was pretty thick, almost like cookie dough (this may be because I added a little flax seed for a little nutritional boost, but didn't add any liquid). The outside gets nice and crisp, and the inside is perfecly moist. More than half of the muffins were gone before the end of the day. Looks like I'll be making this again soon. Luckily I discovered last summer in my pre-GF baking that yellow squash is interchangeable with zucchini in baking with no noticable difference, so yellow squash muffins, here we come.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: