Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pasta Salad

It's summer, so we have a plethora of fresh vegetables from our garden. I'm loving it. There's something fulfilling about going out to my backyard and coming back in with a handful of food. :) Currently the highest producer is our yellow squash. We get at least one a day. To use some up I decided to make pasta salad.
We used this veggie curl pasta--my 3-year-old is much more likely to eat food that is 1.curly and 2.multicolored.
The pasta was a really good last night, but today for lunch I had leftovers and it was a little more al dente than I like, though still good enough. But it is better served fresh.
I just cut up the veggies I had on hand: yellow squash, cucumber, green onion, and carrots. I steamed the squash, carrots, and onion (I usually include red pepper, too, but didn't have any on hand), then threw those in with the drained pasta, added some chopped olives and cubes of cheddar cheese.
Top it all of with a few squeezes of Italian Dressing, mix it all together and stick it in the fridge for a little while to chill. Then, enjoy!
Sometimes I like to cut up some pepperoni and throw that in to the mix for a little extra flavor, but we didn't have any on hand, so we left it out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: