Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Taco Salad

On Fridays I usually do somthing that involves minimal effort. 50% of the time that means Super Nachos. This time it meant Taco Salad. I have 2 different ways to do it, but the ground beef way is not minimal effort (I have to turn on the stove for that one), so we went with the chicken.
I take canned chicken, frozen corn and some taco seasoning (not the whole package), mix together, and microwave until the corn is cooked.
And then you're done. Almost. You have to open a can or two and mix it all together, or let your family assemble their own.
For salad, of course, you need lettuce. Top that with the meat and corn, cheese, tomatoes, and some black beans (drainied and rinsed), then add your dressing and you're set. For a tasty "chipotle ranch" type dressing just mix some ranch and salsa together, and viola! Tasty food.
Of course when I went to get out the lettuce we were almost out, so the taco salad turned into tacos. My daughter and I use regular flour shells, and my husband was going to use the tortillas I'd made for him a while back, but apparently it was a long while back and they were beginning to grow stuff. So he went with corn tortillas and was happy as a clam.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: