Monday, August 22, 2011

Quick and easy black bean dip

I've been on vacation, then recovering from vacation, and now I'm back. At least for one post. I have lots of pictures of food waiting to be posted, so we'll see when I get around to that.
I thought I'd share this quick and easy and DELICIOUS dip.
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
salsa
pepper jack cheese

Blend black beans and salsa in a food processor or blender, adding salsa a little at a time until you get the consistency you want. Pour into a microwave safe bowl, grate some pepper jack cheese into the bowl (or monterrey jack if pepper jack is too spicy for you, or leave the cheese out completely if you prefer), then microwave for 30 seconds-1 minute. Stir, and enjoy with some tortilla chips. It takes all of 3 minutes to whip this deliciousness up. Yum!

If you want to check out other quick and easy meals/snacks, check them out here!

1 comment:

Shirley @ gfe said...

Hi Colette--I love this non-recipe that you submitted for Go Ahead Honey this month! Black Bean Dip is one of my favorites. :-) Thanks so much for participating. There really are so many fantastic non-recipes in the roundup!

Shirley