Wednesday, February 8, 2012

EASY Apple/Pear Crisp

This is a real quick recipe for a delicious dessert. It uses canned pears and apple pie filling so there's no peeling and slicing which makes it quicker than quick. I think I got this recipe originally from A Soft Place to Land several years ago.

Recipe:
4 15 oz. cans sliced pears, drained
1 20 oz. can apple pie filling
1 1/2 C. gluten-free oats
3/4 C. GF flour
3/4 C. brown sugar
3/4 t. ground cinnamon
3/4 C. butter (or we use Smart Balance Light since it's dairy-free), cut up

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Pour the pears and apple pie filling into a 9"x12" pan.
Mix the dry ingredients together, then mix in the butter using your fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs. Crumble the topping on top of the fruit.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until the fruit is hot and bubbly and the topping is crisp and browned.
Enjoy. With some vanilla ice cream if you've got it on hand.
I've made this in an 8x8 pan, too with half the fruit, but the same amount of topping, which I like better because then the topping is a bit thicker and covers it better. Have some for dessert, then eat the leftovers for breakfast, because really, it's just fruit and oatmeal. And sugar. :) Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Savannah said...

Question: When you say GF Flour, are you talking about any old type of GF flour, or do you use a specific blend. I'm cooking for a GF friend on Sunday.

Colette Campbell said...

I use a blend, but for this recipe plain old rice flour would work fine, I think.
In general for my blend, I do 3 parts rice flour, 3 parts cornstarch, 2 parts soy flour, 1 part masa flour.