Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pork tenderloin

One of our favorite meals around here is pork loin. With all the spices, it starts to smell real good, real quick. And it tastes as good as it smells.

  • 2 tsp dried thyme
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp table salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 pound lean pork tenderloin

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. (I like to put down aluminum foil, then spray on the cooking spray for easier clean up.) Combine thyme, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside. Rub oil all over pork. Sprinkle thyme mixture all over pork and transfer to prepared pan.

Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of pork reads 150ºF, about 30 minutes (that's what the original recipe said, but I think it almost always takes closer to an hour for me). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into thin (about 1/2-inch thick) slices.
We usually eat this with potatoes (mashed or baked) and some veggies.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole @ Special Diet Creations said...

I've never cooked pork before, as I didn't start eating it until very recently. I had no idea it was this easy! I'll definitely have to give this a shot.